WE’RE ON SCHEDULE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE… AND THAT INCLUDES BREAKFAST, TOO!
We believe that since vacations shouldn’t be tied to a schedule, breakfast shouldn’t be either!
While it is an upscale French Continental offering, if you’re feeling the hankerin’ for something hot, we also offer a full service omelette bar, utilizing eggs from our nesting free-range gals.
Breakfast should be worth getting up for, and we’re delighted to offer the following wholesome menu.
HOSTED SELF-SERVE BUFFET STYLE
- *Organic Farm Fresh Eggs
- Indulge in eggs made any way!
- Our talented staff can whip up a farm fresh omelette utilizing organic spinach, ham and cheddar cheese!
- *Greek Yogurt Parfait (fruit & yogurt & granola–layered in order of your morning mood!)
- Custom wholesome granola blend, sun-kissed fresh and dried fruit, and hearty nuts
- *Organic Raw Rolled Oats (add boiling hot water and toppings):
- Sugar, milk, garden-picked berries, locally sourced raw honey, raisins, nuts
- *Tavern Ham (boneless and fully cooked to perfection)
- Enjoy as a side or use in a breakfast sandwich!
- Fresh Breads, Bagels and English Muffins
- *Sweet-cream butter, delectable jams including spiced apple butter, jalapeño pepper jelly, orange marmalade with champagne, and Talus Rock’s favorite homemade seasonal preserves, cream cheese, local raw honey
- *Fresh Fruit
- Sun-kissed strawberries, raspberries and blueberries & picked morning-fresh from Talus Rock Retreat’s gardens (when in season), or locally shopped for to provide the finest pink lady & golden delicious apples and ripe bananas.
- Gourmet Hot Chocolate (with mini marshmallows)
- Fair Trade Coffee (selection du jour from Sandpoint’s favorite local coffee roasters supporting fair trade)
- Fruit Juice (squeezed orange – apple cider)
- Worldly Tea (assorted both loose and bagged) (from around the globe including India, Uganda, Liberia, France, Japan and other love offerings from guests and friends!)
- Fresh Mountain Water (from Talus Rock Retreat’s Artesian well)
Since we’re a luxury lodging villa akin to a bed & breakfast, we strive to ensure that our ‘breakfast’ rivals our ‘bed’!
At Talus Rock Retreat, we place a high value on being gentle on the earth. With an emphasis on ecological improvement, we seek to be self-sustaining and strive to work in sync with Mother Nature; we currently have over a dozen laying hens, an organic 80’ x 30’ garden and a small greenhouse where we start our plants. Come experience our home grown tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, peppers, carrots, zucchini, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries — often part of your breakfast. We squeeze our hens everyday for golden-yolked eggs!
WE CARE ABOUT OUR EARTH
We believe that just because we have extra, doesn’t mean we should waste it. Very simply: We love our earth and we are called to be good stewards of it. Therefor, we recycle, we compost, and we reuse.