Payment: $1,400 – $1,600 DOE stipened, Private living space, utilities, internet, gas expense, retreat amenities, and a monthly stipend
Immediate Job Opening: Seeking a full-time, skilled, reliable builder/carpenter for a building project at a Retreat 2 miles from downtown Sandpoint. This position is a shared position for maintenance and repairs of property as well as for general support of an on-site construction barn/residential build. The project is dried in and intent is to ‘chip away’ at finishing at a comfortable pace. Full-time work will include but not limited to framing interior walls, drywall, mud and tape, and possible paint pending timing and resources. In addition, the position requires assistance for our General Maintenance Supervisor on occasion with various repair and maintenance around the Retreat as needed, so handyman/maintenance skills are a must. Housing is provided in a darling cabin with all utilities and internet service included. Seeking a 1-year commitment. Stipend DOE.
- Experience in working on relevant projects and using heavy equipment (tractor, lift, dozer).
- Experience in operating equipment like lifts, drills, pneumatic hammers etc.
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.)
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Able to read instructions and blueprints
- Decisive with the ability to make on-the-spot decisions
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Must be able to multi-task
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to drive a manual vehicle
- Must be able to back up a trailer
- Must be willing to do some gardening, light chores, and vehicle maintenance
- Possess general electric/plumbing knowledge
- Must agree to a background and criminal check and have excellent references
- Must be physically fit to bend, kneel, climb, reach, lift and/or move up to 75 lbs (sometimes over shoulder), run stairs, repetitive arm movements.
How to Apply: Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please.):
- Resume (including salary history)
- Skype address (or Facetime phone number)
- Two character and two work-related references
- Please confirm you can commit to at least 1 year of full-time construction and maintenance duties.
- Answer the following questions:
1. “Why would a live on-site position work for you?
2. Do you have any physical, financial, or other conditions that would keep you from doing your job well?
3. Is there anything we should know that makes you an exceptional candidate for this opportunity?