Maintenance man/ Groundskeeper position available at high end, eclectic lodging villa one mile from downtown Sandpoint, ID. All maintenance needs are to be directly communicated to the maintenance manager and updated on his task list with the correct priority level.
This job requires the ability to work outdoors doing physical jobs that involve digging, bending, kneeling and working in sometimes extreme heat or cold weather. Position requires someone to ideally live onsite (or be within a 5 mile radius of Traver’s Park and the YMCA) for emergencies. We are seeking a Mr. Fixit Honey-do (perhaps retired but thrives on work and projects) who is highly available and willing to do a wide range of diverse skills. Specific responsibilities include projects as follows:
- Mulching, fence repair, gardening, pruning, chicken care, watering, etc.
- Performing minor repairs including drywall tape and patch, change locks, paint.
- Driving a tractor and plow (swap attachments, box blade driveway, dig holes, mash trash, plow snow)
- Operate small equipment (lawnmowers, riding tractor, power tools, chainsaw, weedwhacker, etc.)
- Auto maintenance (change oil, tires, bicycle repairs, etc.)
- General running of errands (returns, food purchases, banking, post office, materials, etc.)
- Working general power tools to build, repair, create
- Skilled troubleshooter and proficient plumbing and electrical knowledge is mandatory
- Winter: stoking boiler, shoveling snow, snow blowing/snow plowing, draining hoses, winterizing
- Summer: prepping fires, cutting firewood/lawns/weedwhack
Attention to detail and pride in your work are the essential characteristics of the ideal candidate for this position. Experience as a groundskeeper preferred. The applicant should be able to perform duties both as a team player and work independently in an outdoor environment with a sense of urgency while maintaining quality.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to drive a stick shift
- Must be able to back up a trailer
- Can work a flex-schedule
- Gardening, light chores, vehicle maintenance
- Carpentry/building skills helpful
- General electric/plumbing knowledge
- Must agree to a background and criminal check and have excellent references
- Must be physically fit to bend, kneel, climb, reach, lift and/or move up to 25 lbs (sometimes over shoulder), run stairs, repetitive arm movements
Position Perfect for a retired person seeking diversified work with a fun team on a nature lover’s paradise. Applicant loves projects, tinkering, takes pride in a job well done, who is patient and exact, seeks meaningful employment in a caring, fun, exciting, teamwork-focused, drug-free environment. Someone who is not a clock watcher but finds complete joy in keeping busy, making things better, and thrives on having ‘something to do’ all the time.
Payment: Discussed upon employment inquiry
- Fall/Winter Work Weeks = 20-30 hrs/week +
- Spring/Summer Work Weeks = 40-50 hrs/week +
- Early mornings (Earliest 7:30am) may be required. Shifts may vary depending on occupancy and season.
How to Apply: Interested applicants, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls please.):
- The position for which you are applying
- Resume (including salary history)
- Skype address (or Facetime phone number)
- Two character and two work-related references
Start Date: Ask